I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Sunday 18 September 2016

Hayling Island – Saturday 17th September



When we drew the curtains this morning we saw a huge group of runners on the other bank.  It would appear that it was the Abingdon Park Run which happens every Saturday at 9.00am.  Its 3.3 miles.


It was then time for me to start packing and get myself ready to go home.  In some ways I am sad not to be doing the last part of the trip but I really want to be close to Robert and Laura for when the baby arrives.  He is due in a week’s time and I am so excited :-)  When my own children were due I was so big and fed up that I didn’t really feel that excited but this time it is VERY different.  I’m going over to see them tomorrow as long as they aren’t in the hospital!

All being well Richard and his son, James, will be in Newbury either next Friday or Saturday.  Obviously there will be no more regular boat blogging but I will do one when the Mary H is tied up for the winter with all statistics for the year and our a special one when the baby arrives - a Granny boasting one!

Here are a few photos I took of strange boat names.






No comments:

Post a Comment